Today we watched general conference as a family. We all enjoyed hearing from the prophet and other church leaders. We also ate delicious cinnamon rolls and an omlet for breakfast.
Some of the things we learned were that five new temples are going to be built around the world. One in Cordoba, Argentina where Jon served as a missionary!
President Monson told us to pray in faith, focus on the important things, show graditude, and find the joy in our journey on earth.
Another talk that we enjoyed was Sister Dalton's. She told us to prepare for the temple and to have virtue.
Elder Eyring talked about unity. We learned that we should have our hearts knit together through revelation, being humble, and speaking well of each other
My Mom's favorite quote from conferece was, "Hope is not just a principle -- it is a COMMANDMENT." She loved Pres. Uchtdorf's story of his mother losing her 4 young children in the train yard during WWII. Her faith overcame her fear.
We love our prophet and his counselors!
1 comment:
I am glad someone took notes. I think that is a great quote! Thanks for sharing the highlights. I am afraid I will have to watch a couple again because I was in and out of consciuosness a couple of times.
PS Kimberly, you looked beautiful for Homecoming!
Post a Comment