Monday, March 9, 2009

SHADOW

Shadow passed peacefully away yesterday in Idaho Falls, Sunday, March 8, 2009. We will miss him! While we never had our own dog, Shadow was part of our family. He hiked with us in the summer, pulled us on sleds in the winter, and played with us in Grandma and Grandpa's big back yard. We took him for walks, fed him, and loved him. He was 15 years old -- over 100 in dog years!
These are a few of our favorite pictures!


Table Rock -- Shadow was a great hiker!

Crossing the River -- He didn't love the water!

Katie, Carie & Shadow after sledding when they were all a lot younger.

Matthew, Joey & Shadow last summer at the cabin. Shadow had a summer buzz. This was the last time we saw Shadow.

Matthew & Shadow playing in the Snow.

Kimberly & Shadow

The girls and Shadow after a fun winter walk.

Grandpa, Shadow & Matthew walking at Big Springs.

Carie & Shadow (the summer of Carie's bike accident)

Emily, Matthew, and Shadow at the cabin -- Fun Friends!
We will miss our Shadow.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Shadow! And I am so glad that we were finally able to meet him! He was a very loved dog and a very lucky dog to be a part of your family. I can only imagine how much you will miss him.

Ruthann said...

I was so sad when I read this! I know how a dog can become a part of the family.

Alison said...

We send our condolonces! I think Bennett considered him one of his pets too! Maybe you can surprise Grandpa Joe and Grandma Jeannie with a new dog when they get home from their mission!!