E.T., Katie, and Carie left for our stake Pioneer Trek at 7am on Thursday morning. They looked so cute and CLEAN as they joined the rest of the trekers at the stake center. I have to admit that I was feeling just a little left out - Curt, Alison, Haley, Cassidy, and Clark along with most of our neighbors were all there! David, Robin, Samantha, and Max and Sean, Anna, and Haley Glenn were all going to their stake trek as well.
Courtney, Matthew, and I got to stay home and have Brittany, Emily, Abby, and Joey stay with us for a few days. We had fun grilling, swimming, watching movies and just being together.
I loved getting ET's texts at night updating me on how everyone was doing. Carie was in Tracy & Diane Skousen's family, and Katie was in Kim and Sharon Rogers' family so I knew that they were in good hands!
We were so excited to have them arrive home around 5:30pm on Saturday evening - safe and happy. They were all a little tired and not quite as clean, but they made it!
This is the photo we took right before they walked in the door - I was hoping they would have taken pictures on the trek, but Carie's camera broke on the last day of school and Katie said hers broke on the trek because of all the dust - so we settled for hearing all about the trek over dinner. They told about pulling together, helping each other and doing hard things.
Carie said she woke up one morning and felt something in her mouth. She wondered what it could be as she had thouroghly brushed her teeth the night before -- she was horrified to find out that it was a fly stuck to her braces! Katie told about the Maggots, and ET about the dust, and after hearing all of their stories, I suddenly felt OK about missing the adventure and staying home and sleeping in my nice clean, comfortable bed.
1 comment:
WOW...what an experience! Love the before and after pictures!
Post a Comment